At Earls Colne Primary School and Nursery all of our lunches are cooked from scratch every day by Mrs Edwards and her team.
All meals are prepared on site using ingredients sourced as locally as possible- all our meat is provided by Colne Valley Butchers.
Our kitchen is able to cater for all dietary needs, please inform the school of these when you complete the Working Together booklet as you join us at Earls Colne.
At Earls Colne we offer:
- a self-service salad bar and a wide variety of seasonal vegetables
- a choice of a meat or vegetarian main meal and either a jacket potato, pasta or baguette
- a choice of a pudding, yogurt and fresh fruit
Meals cost £2:20 and need to ordered through Parent Pay and must be booked by midnight on Wednesday of the preceding week. This terms menus can also be found on the Parent Pay site.
All children from Reception through to Year 2 are entitled to a Universal Free School Meal.
Children are entitled to a Free School Meal if you or your child receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based jobseeker’s allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on- paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit- if you apply on or after 1st April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
To apply for Free School Meals please click here.
A daily portion of fruit or vegetables is provided for children in the EYFS and Key Stage 1. Key Stage 2 can buy healthy snacks from the Tuck Trolley, which sells fruit, cereal and freshly baked bread from our kitchen. This costs 50p for a snack and a drink or 25p an item. Money for the tuck trolley should be brought in daily.